Friday, November 26, 2010

Stuffed: A Thanksgiving Sequel

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. The first half of the day was spent at Nana Bear's, where we had a delicious dinner. Then we headed to Nonni and Binky Bear's where Papa Bear had a second plate of turkey and such. I held out for the dessert which I shared with Big Sister Bear.

I was amazed (and somewhat disgusted) by the amount of food my cubs stuffed their faces with. I thought for sure someone was going to get sick, thankfully no one did.

Today I cooked a second dinner. There were 10 adults, 1 child, 2 toddlers and 2 infants total! Everything went off without a single snag.

It was a feast to say the least. And the food went so fast that I didn't even get a chance to take any photos of our spread.

I get much enjoyment from having the Bear Den be the hub of celebration and family. There is something so sublime about having the ones we love gathering in our home, eating and enjoying each other's company. This is why I delight when the holiday season finally arrives.

I did a bit of Thanksgiving sewing. I made myself a retro-style apron and Little Sister Bear got a turkey shirt hand sewn by her Mama.

Now the time has come to get in gear and start my Christmas sewing and decorating. Once this turkey coma wears off that is.





1 comment:

Beth said...

Woot! Looks like we both wore our cool black boots for Thanksgiving! Great minds think alike!