Saturday, June 19, 2010

You're My Obsession

I have completely become obsessed with sewing. The fabrics, techniques and countless applications. I'm constantly jotting ideas in my sketchbook and talking Papa Bear's ear off about my many plans.

Since my last post I have sewn a few things. I made Little Sister Bear some bibs. I up-cycled some old bath towels for the backing.




Sewing up the bibs was a great learning experience. The front fabric was very cheap, I will not make that mistake again. From now on it's only good quality fabric for this Mama Bear.

Speaking of fabric...my lovely piles of prettiness arrived...


Moda, Sandi Henderson, Amy Butler, Anna Griffin and a few others (above)

Heather Bailey and Michael Miller (below)



I also made myself a drawstring bag for my scraps and a patchwork pincushion for travel sewing. This was my first attempt at patchwork and I was very pleased with the outcome.




The bag pattern came from Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. I really like this book. The day it was delivered I sat down and flipped through cover to cover. It is a great reference book for an individual new to sewing (such as myself).

Featured in the photo above along with my bag and pincushion are some Kona solids.

Now I begin my adventure of making a dress for Big Sister Bear for a wedding that is a week away. Hopefully there will be a minimum of cursing and seam ripping involved. More about that on my next post.

No comments: