Monday, June 7, 2010

Addicted

It's official. I have a serious designer fabric addiction. Over the weekend I made purchases from fabric.com , fabricdepot.com , and etsy. I am very much obsessed with Michael Miller, Heather Bailey, Sandi Henderson and Amy Butler prints. I rounded out all my gorgeous prints with some Kona solids.

Since ordering these fabrics I have had dozens of projects dancing around my head. I cannot wait to receive my packages and get started. My first project is going to be a dress for Big Sister Bear to wear to a wedding in a couple weeks. I am also going to be sewing a wedding present for the happy couple. Just in case they follow I won't be posting about their gift until after they receive it.

I've also sewed some stuff since my last post. Introducing Ollie and Allie...



After hours of searching online for a plushie pattern for both Big Sister Bear and Little Sister Bear I came across owl plushies. I finally decided on how I wanted mine to look and sewed up these lovely ladies. Since Little Sister Bear is only 4 months and doesn't quite play with much, Big Sister Bear has been having all the fun with these two. She's loves them, she's always hugging them and kissing them, so cute. I am quite pleased. I am planning on making a more in depth one with crinkly wings, differently patterned/textured fabrics and maybe a rattle inside to hook Little Sister Bear's attention.

Looking forward to showing off my sweet fabric stash and it's uses very soon. Also feel free to share projects that are inspired by mine in my flickr pool .

No comments: