Tuesday, June 1, 2010

uncanny crafts

Over the holiday weekend I did some crafting, some sewing and had a whole lot of summer fun. We had a small cookout at our place and went to a birthday party for a very sweet 6 year old. Nice weather, good food and good company. Plus, Papa Bear had a long weekend so I had extra time to create.



I up-cycled a few mason jars and used them to make pincushions. I found a helpful tutorial here.


I filled them with some wooden thread spools that I found in my Memere's sewing kit to give them some decorative appeal.





I made my first apron which was also my first sewing project! I think it came out pretty good for my first time. It was a great learning experience and I can't wait to get going on one of the many sewing projects swirling around in my brain right now.


And here's a picture of Big Sister Bear enjoying her first slip n' slide experience. Ahhh summer has arrived in New England.

No comments: