Friday, May 28, 2010

A Crafty Background

I feel it is time to give you all some background info about the Mama Bear. Don't worry I won't bore you with a long bio. In keeping with the theme of my blog I will stick to my crafty background.

Growing up I spent a good amount of my time with my Memere (my Mom's mother) and my Great Aunt (Memere's sister). They were best friends and since Memere lived with us I was with them quite often. The two of them were always working on some sort of crafty project, usually cross-stitching, crocheting or knitting. They were always taking trips to craft stores and from June to September I got to tag-a-long with them. It's no wonder that growing up around so much creativity I got the bug.

My Mom has been know to do a bit of crafting here or there as well. Usually small projects like felt Christmas ornaments. She has been know to be quite talented with wood crafts. My Dad was a "jack of all trades" and always had to keep himself busy. He was one of those people that was up at 6 a.m. on his day off repairing a rock wall or building shelves for his workshop.

I come from a long line of creators and thrifty types on both sides of my gene pool so it comes in a double dose. My Dad's mother is a mother of 13 and my Grand Memere raised 5 children during the Great Depression so making something from nothing is our specialty. And almost everyone of my Aunts and Uncles has some creative talent be it in their careers or hobbies. We have carpenters, plumbers, painters, sewers, crocheters, knitters, you get the idea. If we don't keep our hands busy we're not content.

So there you have it. As you can see the creative roots run deep in this Mama Bear.

No comments: