Monday, June 28, 2010

Make it! Wear it! Challenge and a busy weekend



I was recently alerted by a friend, we'll call her DC Chic (you know who you are), that I am not putting enough photos of the little bear cubs on here. So forgive me but this post is more gushing about family and less about sewing.

For starters, Little Sister Bear loved her Simple Sundress. Everyone at the wedding loved it too! So much so that I've entered it in the Make it! Wear it! Challenge Sew, Mama, Sew! is having this month.

Speaking of the wedding...Congratulations to the newlyweds! The wedding was beautiful and we had a blast. The Bride was radiant, the Groom was handsome, and the family was all together (almost). It was the happiest I've seen my Grandfather in a long time. Papa Bear said he caught a glimpse of Grandpa looking at our family celebrating with a look of pride and satisfaction on his face (which is very rare).

The happy couple also had a lovely tribute to my Daddy who would have celebrated his 50th birthday this month, but was taken from us at the very young age of 48. We all danced and cried to celebrate my hero. It was very bittersweet. Happy Birthday Daddy!

On a happier note, this weekend Nana Bear put up a fenced play area for the girls complete with a pool. I was also informed by Nana Bear that very soon a sandbox will be added to this area! Naturally we had to bring the cubs over and check it out. Big Sister Bear had a blast swimming, or should I say "float surfing", with Papa Bear. This Mama Bear and Little Sister Bear hung out poolside and took photos.





This week I'm working on a few things to take along with us on our mini-vacation 4th of July weekend. More on that later.

No comments: