Sunday, March 20, 2011

March Madness

My apologies for not blogging as often as I should folks. Things have been busy around here the past few weeks. Lots of sewing and quality family time.

I finished my Pattern Pact for March, the O + S Popover Sundress. This dress was very easy to sew. I made a second one (not photo yet, very windy here lately) and have a third cut out. I can't wait for warmer weather so that the girls can model them.

This one is a size 6 for our friends daughter who lives upstairs.


Here's a peek at the contrast stitching on the yoke and ties.


And it wouldn't be complete without a label.


I've also been practicing paper piecing and doing a fair amount of scrap busting. I made a couple of potholders, hot pads and a plastic bag holder for my cousin and his new bride. All of which I did not get photos of before gifting them. I am happy to report that they were well received and match the napkins I made them for their shower.

This month is my birthday month. My birthday was used as an excuse for lots of stash building which I'll post about sometime this week. This year was the first year I didn't really want to make a big deal out of my birthday. 27 doesn't seem to be a very monumental year, but who knows.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay for March birthdays!!

I love the fabrics you chose for the dress! Brilliant! I must get moving on the March pattern pact. Part of mine is embroidery and it is taking forever!

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

Very cute fabric choices. And man, you've been busy if you've already sewn three!

I've been eyeing the pillowcase dresses that seem to be popular these days. One of these days I'm going to make something for my own little girl to wear. One of these days... :)