Sunday, July 25, 2010

Listmania

Things can get pretty crazy around the bear den. With 2 cubs under 2 there can be many distractions each day. Therefore, I do whatever I can to stay organized. I am a list maker. I make lists almost everyday and for almost everything. So in order to stay on course with my sewing projects, true to form, I made a list.

Project List:
  • mini quilt
  • Christmas stockings for all residents of the Bear Den
  • 2 dresses for each of the cubs
  • a Clever Little Cape for my clever little Nephew Bear
  • camera bag for Papa Bear
  • crayon organizer
  • make-up brush holder
  • king size wedding quilt
  • baby shower gift
  • baby booties
  • sewing machine cover
Due to my recent fabric binge I am self imposing a fabric purchasing ban until my list is finished. This is with the exception of purchases for the wedding quilt since it requires a lot more fabric.

This weekend brought a visit from Nana and Grand Paul on Saturday. Nana had some fun dressing Little Sister Bear up as a little biker baby. Then on Sunday we had a visit from Memere and Grand Bill. Memere brought us some delicious sweet corn from the Ocean State and some squash from her garden.



We also did some visiting this weekend. We went to go meet a sweet new baby girl that was born to good friends that met through Papa Bear and I. I sewed up these baby booties for her.


I found this pattern and the tutorial was very easy to follow. They are the perfect size for newborns and they stay on those constantly wiggling little footsies. I also love that they are reversible. I can't wait to up-size the pattern and make some for Little Sister Bear. Papa Bear laughed at me when I told him I wanted to make her a pair for everyday of the week.

No comments: