Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not Your Mom's Jack-O-Lantern

Last night we had a pumpkin carving party with some of our friends. We each carved a pumpkin and then I roasted all our seeds. These roasted pumpkin seeds may have been the best ones I've made yet.

I find that roasting pumpkin seeds makes me feel nostalgic. They were one of my Dad's favorite things. This batch would've made him proud.


Our pumpkins didn't come out too shabby either.




I was impressed with the pumpkins our friends carved because it was the first time for one of them and the first time using an intricate stencil for the other. Our first timer even got brave enough to put her initials backwards on the back so the light shines through and her initials show on the wall.








Papa Bear and I are realizing that Sprout has taken over our lives. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I love Thomas as much as my cubs do.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What's your recipe? I love pumpkin seeds and am always looking for the best ones!