Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another Birthday Monster

For the about the past year and a half it seems to me that there have been quite a few beautiful babies brought into this world within our social circles. As a result there are lots of first birthdays being celebrated. The couple who introduced me and my Papa Bear celebrated their son's first birthday today. I decided to sew him up a gift.



The birthday boy got his very own, one of a kind, made by Mama Bear, rock n' roll monster. I used Michael Miller's Groovy Guitars, since his Dad is into music and aspires that someday he'll be the next Jack Johnson. The solids are Kona in coal, lime and black. I also made a buffalo chicken dip that was a hit with everybody. The birthday boy had a blast and his parents threw a great party.

Tomorrow is Nana Bear's birthday! I made her a few mason jar pincushions but, in all the craziness getting ready for the little guy's party I wrapped them before getting any pictures. She has already started using them and is wicked excited about them.

Nana Bear is a sewer as well. She makes these amazing bags made out of upcycled jeans. She's going to have a table at the upcoming Chili Chowder Fest on September 25th. She's making up some diaper bags and I'm going to make some booties for her to sell along with them. I have 34 days to make 12 pairs of boots which works out to be about one pair of booties every 2 days (which seems reasonable). I'm excited to be selling my creations for the first time and am anxious to see how it turns out. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: